Friday, September 20, 2013

Rockin' my world Friday

Having missed two weeks while I was away, I am determined to do a post today, but as I only arrived back from UK last night, it will be brief!
I have enjoyed a fantastic two weeks with great family times. I saw all five of my sons, and all five of my sisters, along with their partners and children, including my two-year-old great-grandson. 
I helped to scalp son number two, all in aid of the Severn Hospice where he works, and partied until the wee small hours. Son number five played the piano and sung for me, and son number four got heavy on his drums. I have visited eight family homes and slept in six of them, used two planes and five trains and ridden in several cars to tot up a fair bit of mileage, enjoyed long chats with precious family members, had some great food, been shown the sights from the beautiful Gothic arches and marble halls in Manchester Town hall, to the windswept roof garden at the top of the newly opened, very modern, Birmingham Library. I did some craft shopping with sister number five, and made my sons wait patiently while I browsed the clothing sections of the stores in their respective cities. I had an eye test on my first day, and collected new glasses on my last day. My world has indeed been rocking. 

Sadly on my first day back I am attending the funeral of the friend who was so suddenly taken ill just two weeks before I went away. But it won't be a too sad occasion. We are going to give her a great send-off!

Photos of my holiday and the family times will follow as soon as I get them downloaded from my camera and sorted out a bit, so watch this space.

I shall now visit Celtic House to link this post. Come with me to see what has rocked the world of other folk this week.

6 comments:

Lesley G said...

Oh so glad you had a great time with your huge family but so sorry to hear about your friend who no doubt will be looking down and smiling at you as you give her that fabulous send off.
Have a great week.
Lesley x

Jean said...

It's good to know you are home again and glad you enjoyed your time away. We enjoyed your visit and the time you spent here.
I am sorry to hear the sad news of your friend but I know the service today will be one of thanksgiving.
Jean x

Caro said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family...what a lovely large family you have. Sorry to hear the news of your friend and I hope that the send off went in style. Caro x (#5)

Virginia said...

Oh hun, I've been thinking of you visiting family, sounds like it was a whirlwind trip and you are probably going to be recovering for some time, but how lovely to catch up with so many people. I'm so sorry that you've got a funeral to deal with on your return, we too will be partaking in one of those next Friday. But giving the individual a good send off sounds like a plan. Sending you hugs

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

sad news to return to after a whirlwind trip. Hope this week is peaceful for you, jenx

JoZart Designs said...

All I can say is WOW!! What a lot packed in that trip.
So sorry you've lost your friend.
Jo x