Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good, Good Friday

Good Friday is a good day in Spain today. The sky is blue, the sun is shining and the birds are singing their hearts out. The first oleander blossom has opened just outside my craft room window.

Hot cross buns are in the oven filling the house with a warm spicey-ness. I was up at 6.30 to make three dozen or so; some for our own use and the rest to sell at our Gallarte expo in the village. It opened last night and I sold lots of marmalade and a few beaded glass covers which are so useful if you like to have a drink outside on a summer evening. The little flies are particularly fond of red wine and home in on it. If we go down to the bar in the evening, from about May onwards we always take our beaded net covers, and last year they aroused enough interest for me to try making them for the sale this year. It is open until Sunday lunchtime so I have plenty of time to sell some more.

So now I would just like to wish all my loyal followers a very Happy Easter. For me Easter started late last night with the procession of penitents around the village, so unlike some folk, I don't think I need to wait until Sunday to send out Easter greetings. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yum Yum, the buns look delicious. I'm afraid ours came from Sainsbury's, but they tasted good anyway.Jean x