Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's a hard life!

It's a hard life, or 'La vida es dura' as the Spanish would say. We woke up to a beautiful view of the sun hovering just above the sea, and as it rose in the sky, so did the temperature. Now I know you should always keep your thermometer in a shady spot, but just out of interest we moved ours onto the breakfast table, on the verandah, in the full sun, and it nearly blew it's top off, registering a blistering 40º!
We stayed at home again today waiting for Dad's special delivery letter to arrive, but it still hasn't. That's an aspect of Spanish life that we will have to learn to cope with. The 'mañana, mañana' attitude can be a tad frustrating at times.
A
nyway I took the opportunity to try out the pool attached to our complex. It is only small, but beautifully clean, and it is heated by solar panels which is supposed to mean it is usable all year as long as the sun is out. I'll pass judgement on that in December! Today it was lovely. A great way to cool down, and do a bit of non-strenuous exercise at the same time. Chris took the photo from our roof terrace.
After lunch I sat up there to do some more of my cross stitch. At this rate I might even get i
t finished before I come home. It has only taken me six years to do the first half, so six months to do the other half will be going some for me, but the light out here is perfect for it, and it is something I can do outside. We weren't sure how late we should wait in for our letter, so rather than both go out, I sent Chris to the supermarket for essential supplies, but it was obviously not coming today, so this evening we went to a restaurant in nearby Villaricos, and had a lovely dinner to celebrate our birthdays. Now we are safely home and we are going to hit the sack just on the right side of midnight. Maybe we'll be up in time to see another lovely sunrise tomorrow.
Buenas noches todo el mundo.

No comments: